Subject: bug#17773: AIX build errors with coreutils-8.22

From: Michael Felt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 17:57:00 +0200

I am "packaging" on a "clean" system, i.e., as few dependancies as
possible. And I have some warnings about certain features not being
included because the libraries are missing.

Further, just compiling by manually adding -pthread seems to be working.
Once I have the defines needed for the other programs I will run "make
check"

Thanks for the quick replies (I was on a plane and could not reply back
earlier).

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 7:57 PM, Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 06/13/2014 10:29 AM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
>
>> So I'd be inclined to add those definitions in the pthread module,
>> but if not we could define at the top of sort.c at least?
>>
>
> The latter doesn't sound safe, since it would mean the files in
> libcoreutils.a would be compiled without -D_THREAD_SAFE and would thus
> access a global shared errno even when linked with sort.c. So I vote for
> the former.
>
>