Subject: Re: bug#17771: 24.3.91; SIGSEGV in cleanup_vector

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:50:31 +0200

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:54:55 +0200 Wolfgang Jenkner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16 2014, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>
>> Dmitry Antipov <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> On 06/16/2014 05:07 PM, Stephen Berman wrote:
>>>
>>>> With this I can no longer make Emacs crash with my recipe.  In fact,
>>>> `C-g' has no effect: HELLO is displayed (after 30+ seconds), no matter
>>>> how many times I type `C-g'.  Is this what you expect?
>>>
>>> No, 30+s is just unbelievable.
>>
>> If you have many fonts installed it can take a lot of time to find out
>> that a character cannot be displayed.
>
> So, expanding on Andreas' remark, perhaps just bisect HELLO to find out
> if there is some particular script that causes trouble?

I understood Andreas to be saying that looking for something that's not
there can take longer than finding something that is there, and this
indeed seems to be the case, as my latest followup to Dmitry suggests:
when all characters can be displayed, HELLO display quite quickly.

Steve Berman