Subject: bug#17771: 24.3.91; SIGSEGV in cleanup_vector

From: Wolfgang Jenkner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:54:55 +0200

On Mon, Jun 16 2014, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> Dmitry Antipov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On 06/16/2014 05:07 PM, Stephen Berman wrote:
>>
>>> With this I can no longer make Emacs crash with my recipe.  In fact,
>>> `C-g' has no effect: HELLO is displayed (after 30+ seconds), no matter
>>> how many times I type `C-g'.  Is this what you expect?
>>
>> No, 30+s is just unbelievable.
>
> If you have many fonts installed it can take a lot of time to find out
> that a character cannot be displayed.

So, expanding on Andreas' remark, perhaps just bisect HELLO to find out
if there is some particular script that causes trouble?

You could then try to use `set-fontset-font' to specify a particular
font for the problematic script or character range.

Wolfgang