Subject: Re: bug#17768: 24.3; problem with two ruler-mode windows

From: Andrea Rossetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 20:06:28 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:
>> - drag "diagonally" a column, for example moving down-left the
>>    fill-column, until the cursor goes a few pixels below the ruler area
>
> How do I drag a column?  What is "moving down-left"?  Can you explain in
> terms of keystrokes or mouse clicks?
>

  Sincere apologies for having overloaded a bit too much this bug
report; I'm now getting a clearer picture:

  1) patch1 is intended to solve the problem described at top of this
    bug report

  2) while testing patch1, I noticed the "diagonal drag" issue; I thought
    it was due to patch1 but now I realize it's an independent and
    pre-existing problem

  3) while testing patch1+patch2, I noticed the "text scale" issue
    but did not try to solve it

  I think it's cleaner if you only consider patch1 and forget the rest
for now. I will open a ticket for 2) with a better explanation and
an independent patch, and a ticket for 3). Kindest regards,

    Andrea