Subject: bug#17746: bug#17746: 24.4.50; "byte-code: `recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer." when composing a message

From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 08:46:03 +0200

Daimrod <[email-masked]> writes:

> In `org-fix-ellipsis-at-bol', the change wasn't
> : (save-excursion (set-window-start (selected-window) (window-start)))
>
> but
> : (save-excursion (set-window-start (selected-window) (point-min)))
>
> which is not a noop.
>
> But it does the wrong thing with isearch.

Yes, it was a silly mistake of mine.

> When isearch is done, that is, when it has found a match and we leave
> isearch with RET for example. Then it calls `isearch-done' which runs
> `org-fix-ellipsis-at-bol' because it is in `isearch-mode-end-hook' (I
> didn't look to find why).

The bug `org-fix-ellipsis-at-bol' is supposed to fix is this one:
sometimes when searching for a string and hitting RET, the beginning
of the buffer is hidden and there is a confusing "..." at the top of
the window.  With the previous version (using `recenter'), those
ellipsis were removed by recentering.  My bold and kinda superstitious
hope was that `set-window-start' would have the same effect, but I
need to double-check this.  At least we don't have the warning.

-- 
 Bastien