Subject: bug#17746: [O] bug#17746: 24.4.50; "byte-code: `recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer." when composing a message

From: Daimrod <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 18:27:51 +0900

Daimrod <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Daimrod <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>> PS: The change about throwing an error when recentering a window
>>>> that does not display the current buffer breaks ~37 tests in Org
>>>> master branch, even with this fix.  I need to digg this further.
>>>
>>> Err, what's the rational behind this change?
>>
>> It is meant to catch cases where recenter acts on the wrong window.
>> Think of the cases where (recenter) is called from within a timer or a
>> process filter function.
>>
>> See the discussion entitled
>>> comint-preoutput-filter-functions and flickering redisplay in TTY
>> on emacs devel.
>
> Thanks!

Okay, so is there another fix than `(when (eq (current-buffer)
(window-buffer)))' or removing the call?

If not, why does it raise an error instead of doing nothing silently?

Best,

-- 
Daimrod/Greg