Subject: 24.4.50; "byte-code: `recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer." when composing a message

From: David Griffiths <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:42:13 +0100

When I try to compose an email, either directly or by pressing 'm' in
Gnus, I get the message:

`recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer.

This is using Emacs built from source on June 9th 2014, running on Mac
OSX 10.9.3. The message appears to come from a change to add additional
validation to src/window.c on June 6th with SHA:

0ce71d38bf295205067fd334e1993906f7fb0ba7

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
 of 2014-05-31 on grawpy.local
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns'

Configured features:
IMAGEMAGICK ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  csv-field-index-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ > 0 ; 9 5 ; 0 c ESC x r e p o TAB r t - e m TAB 
b TAB RET

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/package.el (source)...done
Source file `/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/inf-ruby-20130820.2222/inf-ruby.el' newer than byte-compiled file
Source file `/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/mediawiki-1.1/mediawiki.el' newer than byte-compiled file
ad-handle-definition: `w3m-search' got redefined [2 times]
Package pgg-def is obsolete!
Package pgg-parse is obsolete!
Package pgg is obsolete!
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type <f1> C-a.
Making completion list...
current-kill: Kill ring is empty

Load-path shadows:
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/jtags-20111208.1922/jtags-extras hides /Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/jtags-extras-0.3.0/jtags-extras
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/bbdb-vcard-20131216.1632/vcard hides ~/.emacs.d/vm-8.1.1/lisp/vcard
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/metaweblog-20130707.431/test-metaweblog hides ~/.emacs.d/org2blog/test-metaweblog
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org2blog-20130707.323/org2blog hides ~/.emacs.d/org2blog/org2blog
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org2blog-20130707.323/org2blog-pkg hides ~/.emacs.d/org2blog/org2blog-pkg
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org2blog-20130707.323/org2blog-autoloads hides ~/.emacs.d/org2blog/org2blog-autoloads
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/metaweblog-20130707.431/metaweblog hides ~/.emacs.d/org2blog/metaweblog
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/rvm-20140109.319/rvm hides ~/.emacs.d/lisp/rvm
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox-texinfo hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox-publish hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-publish
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox-org hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-org
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox-odt hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-odt
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox-md hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-md
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox-man hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-man
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox-latex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-latex
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox-icalendar hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox-html hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-html
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox-beamer hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ox-ascii hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-w3m hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-version hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-version
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-timer hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-table hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-src hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-rmail hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-protocol hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-plot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-pcomplete hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-mouse hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-mobile hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-mhe hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-macs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-macro hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macro
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-loaddefs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-list hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-irc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-install hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-inlinetask hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-info hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-indent hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-id hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-habit hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-gnus hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-footnote hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-feed hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-faces hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-eshell hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-eshell
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-entities hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-entities
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-element hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-element
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-docview hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docview
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-datetree hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-ctags hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ctags
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-crypt hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-compat hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-colview hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-clock hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-capture hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-capture
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-bibtex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-bbdb hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-attach hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-archive hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/org-agenda hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-tangle hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-table hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-table
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-sqlite hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-sql hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sql
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-shen hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-shen
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-sh hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sh
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-screen hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-screen
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-scheme hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-scala hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scala
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-sass hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sass
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-ruby hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-ref hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ref
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-R hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-R
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-python hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-python
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-plantuml hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-picolisp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-perl hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-perl
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-org hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-org
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-octave hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-octave
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-ocaml hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-mscgen hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-maxima hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-matlab hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-makefile hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-lob hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lob
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-lisp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-lilypond hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-ledger hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-latex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-latex
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-keys hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-keys
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-js hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-js
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-java hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-java
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-io hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-io
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-haskell hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-gnuplot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-fortran hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-exp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-exp
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-eval hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-eval
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-emacs-lisp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-dot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-dot
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-ditaa hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-css hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-css
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-core hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-core
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-comint hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-comint
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-clojure hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-calc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-calc
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-C hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-C
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-awk hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-awk
/Users/davidg/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140310/ob-asymptote hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(shadow face-remap reftex reftex-vars flyspell ispell org-element
org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m mail-extr emacsbug xterm bbdb-message bbdb
bbdb-site time ido w3m-search w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mediawiki mm-url url-http
url-auth url-gw alert-autoloads android-mode-autoloads
asciidoc-autoloads bbdb-csv-import-autoloads bbdb-vcard-autoloads
bbdb-autoloads clippy-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads dash-autoloads
framemove-autoloads helm-autoloads highlight-80+-autoloads
hippie-expand-slime-autoloads ido-ubiquitous-autoloads
ido-vertical-mode-autoloads jabber-autoloads jtags-autoloads
jtags-extras-autoloads magit-autoloads mediawiki-autoloads
notmuch-autoloads metaweblog-autoloads org-autoloads pcsv-autoloads
pos-tip-autoloads rhtml-mode-autoloads rinari-autoloads jump-autoloads
inflections-autoloads findr-autoloads finder-inf
ruby-compilation-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads inf-ruby ruby-mode smie
rvm-autoloads scala-mode2-autoloads slime-autoloads twitter-autoloads
twittering-mode-autoloads w3-autoloads w3m-autoloads info
xml-rpc-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads package tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell recentf tree-widget pop3
ob-ditaa folding-isearch folding vm-autoloads vm-vars vm-version
smtpmail sendmail tidy compile edit-server minimap org2blog-autoloads
psgml-other sgml-mode psgml template csv-mode sort calfw-ical url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
password-cache url-vars mailcap icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs
calfw-org org-agenda org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func calfw holidays hol-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ps-ccrypt pomodoro rvm markdown-mode
cl-macs cl gv thingatpt noutline outline easy-mmode wikipedia-mode
derived edmacro kmacro nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message dired format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib nnoo nnheader gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils pgg pgg-parse time-date pgg-def advice help-fns tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 418748 12573)
 (symbols 48 47014 4)
 (miscs 40 80 135)
 (strings 32 128512 14894)
 (string-bytes 1 4114666)
 (vectors 16 34186)
 (vector-slots 8 633560 2636)
 (floats 8 342 388)
 (intervals 56 339 0)
 (buffers 960 13))