Subject: bug#17746: 24.4.50; "byte-code: `recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer." when composing a message

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:11:37 +0200

Bastien <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Bastien <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> PS: The change about throwing an error when recentering a window
>>> that does not display the current buffer breaks ~37 tests in Org
>>> master branch, even with this fix.  I need to digg this further.
>>
>> For me, fixing also org-fix-ellipsis-at-bol made all tests run as
>> expected.
>
> What do you mean by "fixing"?  Removing it entirely?

Yes, I admit, I did : (defsubst org-fix-ellipsis-at-bol () nil)
But I must have done something wrong or misread the results because now
I see some other failures. Moreover, the backtrace that I get from "make
test" seems incomplete and it's not obvious to me where the recenter
call is made.

OTOH I hope that wrapping every call to recenter in a
(when (eq (current-buffer) (window-buffer))
   (recenter ...))
would fix the tests, no ?

-- 
Nico.