Subject: Re: bug#17742: Acknowledgement (Support for enchant?)

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 15:56:24 +0000

On 6 December 2016 at 15:55, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> I wonder if it won't be better to delay pushing this until you solve
> that problem.  The ispell-dictionary-alist is for Ispell speller only;
> all the modern spellers should glean that information from the
> installed dictionaries, and not bother users with tedious setups.  Do
> you see any need to get this into master before you add this
> functionality for enchant?
>

​Sorry if I wasn't clear: I'm working on adding dictionary detection right
now.​ You're quite right that should be added before the patch is
considered installable.

> Thanks.  Note that this should not only list the installed
> dictionaries, but also deduce the suitable values of CASECHARS and
> NOT-CASECHARS for each dictionary.
>

​Thanks for the tip.

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org