Subject: 24.4.50; (jit-lock-mode nil) in indirect buffer: wrong message

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 08:53:54 -0700 (PDT)

The message says that you cannot ENABLE jit-lock-mode in an indirect
buffer.  But (jit-lock-mode nil) is meant to DISABLE it.  There should
be no such message for (jit-lock-mode nil).

[Beyond this, I hope you will revisit the behavior wrt jit-lock and
indirect buffers, to DTRT following the (unfinished) emacs-devel thread
"Re: trunk r116426: * lisp/jit-lock.el (jit-lock-mode): Keep it disabled
in indirect buffers." (2014-05-21 to 2014-05-30).  Like Vitalie, I would
like to see a solution to the problem of font-locking indirect buffers
independently of each other and of the base buffer, each according to
its major mode etc.]

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-06-01 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 117212 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''