Subject: bug#17733: closed (Re: bug#17733: 24.4.50; [ruby-mode] Font-locking of true, false and nil)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 20:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#17733: 24.4.50; [ruby-mode] Font-locking of true, false and nil

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
17733: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17733
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#17733: 24.4.50; [ruby-mode] Font-locking of true, false and nil
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Bozhidar Batsov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 22:12:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 25.1

Bozhidar Batsov <[email-masked]> writes:

> In this respect they share a lot with symbols and I suggest
> using the `font-lock-constant-face` for them as well.

Pushed to master. Thanks.

Subject: 24.4.50; [ruby-mode] Font-locking of true, false and nil
From: Bozhidar Batsov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 09:25:08 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

We've discussed with Dmitry before that the current use of
font-lock-variable-name-face for things like `true`, `false` and `nil`
is not correct semantically. Technically those are keywords in Ruby, but
they are also constants (singleton instances of TrueClass, FalseClass,
NilClass). In this respect they share a lot with symbols and I suggest
using the `font-lock-constant-face` for them as well. I noticed that this is a
practice adopted in several modes (rust-mode, swift-mode, clojure-mode,
etc) and it seems pretty sensible to me.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.19)
 of 2014-04-11 on bozhidar-mini.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD --without-dbus
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/info/emacs --with-gnutls
 --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Outline

Minor modes in effect:
  goto-address-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  prelude-global-mode: t
  prelude-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t
  view-mode: t

Recent input:
M-< C-v C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-k <backspace> C-x C-s 
C-x g C-n d <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> q s c 
c R e m o v e SPC r e d u n d a t n SPC <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> n t SPC r e q u i r e <return> 
<return> C-' e <backspace> <return> e a s y - m e n 
u s-/ SPC i s SPC a u t o l o a d e d . <backspace> 
. C-c C-c P P <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-down> 
<double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> s-g f o n t <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> f o n t - l o c 
k - c o m m e n t <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-2> 
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-1> C-l 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-2> 
<mouse-1> <clear> <kp-multiply> <kp-subtract> <clear> 
<f13> <backspace> <help> C-p <clear> <kp-divide> <kp-1> 
<kp-5> <kp-7> <kp-0> <kp-multiply> <kp-8> <kp-divide> 
<kp-1> <kp-9> <kp-0> <kp-divide> <kp-8> <clear> <backspace> 
<f13> <help> <f10> = <f9> - <f8> <f7> <f6> <f5> <f4> 
<f6> <f7> <f8> ) _ <S-f9> <S-f10> <C-S-backspace> C-+ 
<C-S-f11> <S-help> <S-left> <backspace> <kp-subtract> 
<kp-subtract> <kp-multiply> <kp-enter> <kp-decimal> 
<escape> ` 1 2 <f1> 3 4 5 6 7 <f5> 8 9 - <f9> <backspace> 
= <prior> <kp-add> <kp-enter> <kp-enter> s-8 s-u 1 
<escape> ` <tab> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-1> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p M-f 
M-f M-b M-b C-b C-b C-b C-f C-f C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n M-x M-< C-g <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x r e p o r t <return>

Recent messages:
[2014-06-08 01:00:09] `*magit-commit*' [42004 259200]
[2014-06-08 01:00:09] `*Help*' [40565 3600]
[2014-06-08 01:00:09] killing `*Help*'
[2014-06-08 01:00:09] `*magit-log*' [40742 259200]
[2014-06-08 01:00:09] `*magit-diff*' [40520 259200]
[2014-06-08 01:00:09] `*Completions*' [39683 259200]
(No files need saving)
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Quit
(No files need saving)

Load-path shadows:
/Users/bozhidar/.emacs.d/elpa/tabulated-list-20120406.1351/tabulated-list hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tabulated-list

Features:
(tmm face-remap goto-addr crm clojure-test-mode cider-interaction
arc-mode archive-mode cider-stacktrace cider-client nrepl-client
cider-util clojure-mode-test clojure-mode-expansions clojure-mode
inf-lisp find-dired cus-edit cus-start cus-load shadow sort mail-extr
emacsbug sendmail jka-compr ielm cap-words superword subword ruby-tools
inf-ruby ruby-mode-expansions smartparens-ruby ruby-mode eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe checkdoc hippie-exp make-mode ffap
markdown-mode noutline outline mule-util misearch multi-isearch
magit-key-mode magit view epa derived epg epg-config git-rebase-mode
git-commit-mode server log-edit pcvs-util add-log easy-kill rainbow-mode
color rainbow-delimiters elisp-slime-nav guru-mode prelude-xml
nxml-mode-expansions html-mode-expansions sgml-mode smartparens-html
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util
nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok prelude-web prelude-shell sh-script smie
executable prelude-scss prelude-scheme prelude-ruby prelude-perl
prelude-org prelude-key-chord key-chord prelude-js prelude-erc
erc-truncate erc-autoaway erc-spelling erc-notify erc-log erc-list
erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track
erc-match erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc
erc-backend erc-compat prelude-emacs-lisp prelude-css prelude-coffee
prelude-clojure prelude-lisp prelude-c prelude-programming flycheck
help-mode rx f which-func imenu prelude-company company-files
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake
company-ropemacs company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
company prelude-ido smex flx-ido flx ido-ubiquitous ido prelude-osx
exec-path-from-shell prelude-global-keybindings prelude-editor
operate-on-number diff-hl vc-dir vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode winner
undo-tree diff esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util re-builder
whitespace browse-kill-ring midnight ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff dired-x anzu
projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer pkg-info grep s bookmark pp expand-region
text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions expand-region-core
expand-region-custom flyspell ispell tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver shell pcomplete etags volatile-highlights hl-line windmove
recentf tree-widget wid-edit savehist saveplace diminish
smartparens-config smartparens autorevert filenotify delsel prelude-mode
easy-mmode prelude-core epl pcase ov dash thingatpt prelude-custom
prelude-ui zenburn-theme prelude-packages smartrep ert find-func ewoc
debug tar-mode calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs makey
edmacro kmacro warnings compile comint ansi-color ring ace-window
ace-jump-mode advice autoload lisp-mnt vc-git mm-archive message dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils network-stream starttls url-http tls
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source gnus-util
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars finder-inf eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core info easymenu cl-macs gv
package cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 756046 603398)
 (symbols 48 50210 0)
 (miscs 40 5655 16177)
 (strings 32 118000 172997)
 (string-bytes 1 3236489)
 (vectors 16 107877)
 (vector-slots 8 3572504 257945)
 (floats 8 19156 7566)
 (intervals 56 39577 4539)
 (buffers 960 139))