Subject: Re: bug#17724: 24.4.50; regression: error "`recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer." when opening org-mode file

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 22:10:01 +0300

> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 20:52:05 +0200
> From: Gregor Zattler <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Hi Stefan,
> * Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> [07. Jun. 2014]:
> > BTW, I would also point out that people who do not actively develop
> > Emacs should ideally use the emacs-24 (i.e. 24.3.9x) branch now rather
> > than the trunk (24.4.50), so as to help us fix problems before the
> > 24.4 release.
> 
> I'd love to.  But the emacs-24 branch gives emacs version 24.4.50,

No, the emacs-24 branch's version is 24.3.91.  If you have 24.4.50,
you've got the trunk there, not the emacs-24 branch.

How did you checkout what you think is the emacs-24 branch?

> I'm a novice to version control, but I think a release-branch (as Eli
> mentiones in mid:[email-masked]) would be great and I think
> it's doable with a normal branch!?

I was just talking about the name of the branch.  Your problems are
deeper than that.