Subject: bug#17724: 24.4.50; regression: error "`recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer." when opening org-mode file

From: lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:15:33 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>   if (buf != current_buffer)
>> 	  //	  error ("`recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer.");
>> 	  return Qnil;
>> ... in src/window.c seems to work for me.
>
> Using `emacs-24' also works, without defeating the purpose of the
> error message ;-)

I figured that there must be a purpose to it; otherwise it doesn't seem
to make much sense to have this error :)

Having cloned as described on http://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=emacs
with 'git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git', I'm getting the
master branch.  Master seems to be identical with trunk.

Perhaps add some advise to the web page so ppl pull the emacs24 branch
instead?

-- 
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.