Subject: bug#17724: 24.4.50; regression: error "`recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer." when opening org-mode file

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 22:53:47 +0200

Bastien <[email-masked]> writes:

> Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>
>>> Bastien, could you please look into this?
>>
>> This is like forwarding every Emacs bug to Stefan.
>>
>> I suggest instead reassigning the bug to org-mode (or "emacs,org-mode"),
>> then simply posting a reply in the normal way. It will then go to the
>> emacs-orgmode mailing list (which is where Org bugs are supposed to go).
>>
>> (I reassigned it before sending this reply.)
>
> Thanks to both of you, I'll look into this next week.

FWIW, there was a call to recenter which was removed recently (less than
four weeks ago -- see
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/86259) from org-overview.
I guess that should fix the reported bug but it's hard to tell without a
backtrace.

There's another one in org-fix-ellipsis-at-bol which might be related
(at least it has bitten me) :

(defsubst org-fix-ellipsis-at-bol ()
  (save-excursion (goto-char (window-start)) (recenter 0)))

(I have no idea how this is supposed to fix "ellipsis at bol".)

-- 
Nico.