Subject: bug#17720: closed (24.3; EUDC LDAP duplicate mail handling broken.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 08:06:03 +0000

Your bug report

#17720: 24.3; EUDC LDAP duplicate mail handling broken.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
17720: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17720
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: 24.3; EUDC LDAP duplicate mail handling broken.
From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 03:05:46 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is fixed by the following commit:

commit bfebebbc72c6a6ea375c6e8ed7f8641b25439770
Author: Thomas Fitzsimmons <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Mar 5 21:53:37 2015 -0500

    Fix EUDC LDAP duplicate mail handling
    
    Fixes: debbugs:17720
    
    * net/eudcb-ldap.el (eudc-ldap-cleanup-record-simple): Mark as
    obsolete.
    (eudc-ldap-cleanup-record-filtering-addresses): Add docstring.
    Don't clean up postal addresses if ldap-ignore-attribute-codings
    is set.  Combine mail addresses into one field. (Bug#17720)
    (eudc-ldap-simple-query-internal): Call
    eudc-ldap-cleanup-record-filtering-addresses instead of
    eudc-ldap-cleanup-record-simple.
    (eudc-ldap-get-field-list): Likewise.

Closing.

Thomas

Subject: 24.3; EUDC LDAP duplicate mail handling broken.
From: "Raimund Berger" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 19:51:33 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi there,

EUDC - and this seems to be a long standing issue - doesn't properly
recognize and handle LDAP entries that have multiple "mail" records.

Example: when having an LDAP entry with cn "John Doe" and two mail
records "[email-masked]" "[email-masked]" the corresponding inline expansion
LDAP call returns

 ((cn . "John Doe") (mail . "[email-masked]") (mail . "[email-masked]"))

given the setting
 (eudc-protocol-set 'eudc-inline-expansion-format '("%s <%s>" cn email) 'ldap)

and eudc-duplicate-attribute-handling-method having its default value
((email . duplicate)).

The above list is then passed into eudc-filter-duplicate-attributes,
which unfortunately fails to properly handle or even just recognize
those duplicate "mail" records. This failure then results into inline
expansion just inserting the first mail entry instead of offering a
selection between all available mail records, like it properly happens
with the bbdb backend for example.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough of elisp to maybe fix the issue
myself (all the mapcars, cdrs, etc make me dizzy). But it would be great
if this issue could be dealt with.

I've seen several complaints about this matter on the net btw, one
dating back to 2005. So it seems to be an old one.

Thanks, R.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2014-05-18 on gigli