Subject: bug#17717: 24.4.50; `defadvice' not in Elisp manual's index

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 08:43:09 -0700 (PDT)

Please add an index entry for `defadvice', which points to node (elisp)
`Porting old advices'.  Users shouldn not need to resort to Isearch to
find this doc.

And please capitalize that node name properly (Emacs uses title case,
not sentence case): `Porting Old Advices'.

[Of course, the user-friendly thing to do is to not remove the
documentation for `defadvice' from the manual until the feature is
removed from Emacs.  But no one has been able to persuade Stefan of
that.]

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-06-01 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 117212 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''