Subject: 24.4.50; M-x global-set-key: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 15:11:42 -0700 (PDT)

emacs -Q

M-x global-set-key C-y

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  call-interactively(global-set-key record nil)
  command-execute(global-set-key record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "global-set-key")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "global-set-key")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-06-01 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 117212 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''