Subject: bug#17708: closed (Re: bug#17701: 24.4.50; rename-file gets error reading arguments)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 13:52:03 +0000

Your bug report

#17701: 24.4.50; M-x global-set-key: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
17701: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17701
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#17701: 24.4.50; rename-file gets error reading arguments
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:50:58 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Stefan, it looks like your commit in revision 117170
> ([email-masked]) is the root
> cause.

Yup.  Should be fixed now, thank you,

        Stefan

Subject: 24.4.50; M-x global-set-key: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 15:11:42 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

emacs -Q

M-x global-set-key C-y

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  call-interactively(global-set-key record nil)
  command-execute(global-set-key record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "global-set-key")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "global-set-key")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-06-01 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 117212 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''