Subject: bug#177: 23.0.60; doc for read-from-minibuffer

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:51:07 -0700

Arg DEFAULT can now be a list. This is not reflected in the doc string.
 
And the Elisp manual doc is not clear about what happens with non-nil
READ and list-valued DEFAULT:
 
 If READ is non-`nil', then DEFAULT is also used as the input to
     `read', if the user enters empty input.
 
Does this mean the whole list DEFAULT is passed to `read'.
 
Allow me to mention also that letting DEFAULT be a list also breaks
code that I have, FWIW...

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-04-19 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'