Subject: RE: 23.0.60; doc for read-from-minibuffer

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 23:44:40 -0700

> > Arg DEFAULT can now be a list. This is not reflected in the doc
> > string.
> 
> In the latest CVS version, this is documented.

Not in the CVS version of the day I submitted the bug, May 1. The doc string (in
minibuf.c) says nothing about it.

> > If READ is non-`nil', then DEFAULT is also used as the input to
> >     `read', if the user enters empty input.
> 
> As pointed out later in that paragraph,
> 
>  If @var{default} is a list of strings, the first string is 
> used as the input.

That was added in response to my bug report of 5/1. Here is the changelog entry
Fri May 2 01:03:21 2008 UTC by jurta:

(Text from Minibuffer): Document a list of default values for
`read-from-minibuffer'.