Subject: bug#17672: closed (Re: bug#17672: 24.4.50; [PATCH] python.el: Skeleton to insert import statements)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 02:36:03 +0000

Your bug report

#17672: 24.4.50; [PATCH] python.el: Skeleton to insert import statements

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
17672: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17672
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#17672: 24.4.50; [PATCH] python.el: Skeleton to insert import statements
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 22:35:41 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> The attach patch defines a skeleton to insert import statements in
> Python mode.

Thanks, installed,

        Stefan

Subject: 24.4.50; [PATCH] python.el: Skeleton to insert import statements
From: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 23:02:31 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The attach patch defines a skeleton to insert import statements in 
Python mode.

>From 2342a864c8787f59039978196501a007ddb13e5c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 22:37:07 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] python.el: Skeleton to insert import statements

---
 lisp/progmodes/python.el | 18 +++++++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 13 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/python.el b/lisp/progmodes/python.el
index 436442d..3d4d5a1 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/python.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/python.el
@@ -155,15 +155,16 @@
 ;; the shell completion in background so you should run
 ;; `python-shell-send-buffer' from time to time to get better results.
 
-;; Skeletons: 6 skeletons are provided for simple inserting of class,
-;; def, for, if, try and while.  These skeletons are integrated with
-;; abbrev.  If you have `abbrev-mode' activated and
+;; Skeletons: 7 skeletons are provided for simple inserting of class,
+;; def, for, import, if, try and while.  These skeletons are
+;; integrated with abbrev.  If you have `abbrev-mode' activated and
 ;; `python-skeleton-autoinsert' is set to t, then whenever you type
 ;; the name of any of those defined and hit SPC, they will be
 ;; automatically expanded.  As an alternative you can use the defined
 ;; skeleton commands: `python-skeleton-class', `python-skeleton-def'
-;; `python-skeleton-for', `python-skeleton-if', `python-skeleton-try'
-;; and `python-skeleton-while'.
+;; `python-skeleton-for', `python-skeleton-import',
+;; `python-skeleton-if', `python-skeleton-try' and
+;; `python-skeleton-while'.
 
 ;; FFAP: You can find the filename for a given module when using ffap
 ;; out of the box.  This feature needs an inferior python shell
@@ -253,6 +254,7 @@
     (define-key map "\C-c\C-td" 'python-skeleton-def)
     (define-key map "\C-c\C-tf" 'python-skeleton-for)
     (define-key map "\C-c\C-ti" 'python-skeleton-if)
+    (define-key map "\C-c\C-tm" 'python-skeleton-import)
     (define-key map "\C-c\C-tt" 'python-skeleton-try)
     (define-key map "\C-c\C-tw" 'python-skeleton-while)
     ;; Shell interaction
@@ -2957,6 +2959,12 @@ The skeleton will be bound to python-skeleton-NAME."
   > _ \n
   '(python-skeleton--else) | ^)
 
+(python-skeleton-define import nil
+  "Import from module: "
+  "from " str & " " | -5
+  "import "
+  ("Identifier: " str ", ") -2 \n _)
+
 (python-skeleton-define try nil
   nil
   "try:" \n
-- 
1.9.3

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
 of 2014-05-27 on choubidou
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  use-hard-newlines: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: org-auto-fill-function
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
e m e n t s <return> M-p M-p M-p M-p C-b C-b C-b C-d 
<return> C-x d <return> g q M-p C-b C-b ~ <return> 
C-x d <return> g p p d x y <return> C-v C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-e <backspace> M-< C-_ 
C-_ C-x C-f C-x b p y t h <tab> <return> C-s i m p 
o r t C-S-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-g <f9> <f9> <f9> 
C-x b s h e l l <tab> 3 <tab> <return> C-x C-f 0 0 
<tab> <return> C-n C-n C-x b p y t h o n <tab> <return> 
M-g g 2 9 5 7 <return> C-e C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-e <backspace> C-p C-e C-n C-n C-n C-e C-x C-s 
C-x b * s h <tab> < <tab> 3 <tab> <return> M-p M-p 
M-p SPC - - a m e n d <return> M-p M-p <return> C-x 
C-f M-p <return> g C-_ C-x k <return> M-p M-p M-p M-p 
M-p M-p M-p M-n <return> M-p M-p M-p <return> M-p M-p 
M-p <return> C-x b 0 0 <tab> C-x C-f 0 0 <backspace> 
<tab> <backspace> <tab> C-x C-f 0 0 1 <backspace> <tab> 
<return> C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p M-< C-x 
d <return> C-x 2 C-x d <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
p r o <tab> e m <tab> p a t <tab> <return> g C-x o 
R M-p <return> g C-x o C-x o g n <return> C-x o C-x 
b p y t h o <tab> <return> M-< C-n C-n C-n C-n M-f 
C-n C-n <S-up> C-x o C-x o M-x r e p o r t SPC e m 
<tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Omitting...
(Nothing to omit)
Omitting...
(Nothing to omit)
Move: 1 file
Omitting...
Omitted 7 lines.
Omitting...
Omitted 3 lines.
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config
mm-view mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap gnus-sum emacsbug
sendmail find-dired grep debug org-table org-id conf-mode diff-mode
add-log log-view pcvs-util descr-text hl-line rect dabbrev bookmark
tabify info-look pp derived pcase time-stamp semantic/edit diary-lib
diary-loaddefs reftex-dcr reftex reftex-vars tex-mode warnings inversion
semantic/bovine/c hideif semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp
semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/analyze/refs cwarn sh-script executable
css-mode smie semantic/wisent/javascript-jv semantic/wisent/js-wy
semantic/java semantic/doc cap-words superword subword js json imenu
arc-mode archive-mode rst semantic/tag-write face-remap vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher generic eieio-opt help-mode misearch multi-isearch
mule-util semantic/html sgml-mode semantic/bovine/make semantic/analyze
semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
semantic/bovine/make-by semantic/bovine make-mode dired-aux avoid
flyspell ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox goto-addr
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m vc-git
semantic/tag-file semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files
semantic/wisent/python semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse
semantic/dep semantic/wisent/python-wy semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent rx python ob-sh shell ob-plantuml paren
choubidou-custom cus-edit cus-start cus-load gnus-demon nntp gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-win nnoo gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus gnus-ems
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit gnus-dired
dired-x dired org-capture org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
dictionary link connection irfc url-vars flymake-csslint php-mode etags
cc-langs speedbar sb-image dframe sql view thingatpt flymake-jslint
flymake-python-pyflakes flymake-easy advice help-fns flymake compile
comint hideshow skeleton find-file whitespace auto-complete edmacro
kmacro cl-macs popup cl minimap semantic/mru-bookmark ring
semantic/db-mode semantic/db gv eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format
ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
cedet ispell desktop frameset server woman man cl-loaddefs cl-lib
ansi-color image-file tar-mode saveplace elec-pair icomplete windmove
autorevert filenotify autoinsert cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs generic-x
Django-doc-autoloads auto-complete-autoloads
color-theme-solarized-autoloads doctags-autoloads
flymake-csslint-autoloads flymake-jslint-autoloads
flymake-easy-autoloads gist-autoloads finder-inf gh-autoloads eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core info easymenu
gnuplot-autoloads graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
logito-autoloads php-mode-autoloads popup-autoloads
symbols-mode-autoloads package time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1100492 207925)
 (symbols 48 63889 0)
 (miscs 40 8990 837)
 (strings 32 406285 30443)
 (string-bytes 1 8349847)
 (vectors 16 64126)
 (vector-slots 8 1844234 141588)
 (floats 8 408 778)
 (intervals 56 43444 0)
 (buffers 960 239)
 (heap 1024 122508 19429))