Subject: bug#17663: 24.4.50; arc-mode.el has unrar-free hard-coded

From: Dieter Deyke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 11:05:06 +0200

arc-mode.el in the trunk has unrar-free hard-coded. unrar-free is no
    longer available in debian testing, and did not work correctly when
    it was available in the past. It would be better to use unar/lsar
    instead, see http://unarchiver.c3.cx/

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2014-05-30 on deyke2
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/emacs'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2
FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  msb-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> <return> C-s 3 SPC j u n SPC 1 4 <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 4 <delete> 
C-s C-s <down> C-s 4 SPC j u n SPC 1 4 <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 3 <delete> 
<f9> <help-echo> <help-echo> M-x t e r m <tab> <return> 
<return> c d SPC <return> . / c a <tab> m a <tab> <return> 
<up> <return> <help-echo> <f5> M-x a p t <tab> e a 
<tab> <return> u n a r <return> <f6> C-s u n a r <next> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <return> <down> <down> <C-down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <C-down> 
<down> <down> <down> <up> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> 
<C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> C-c 
n <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-x C-f ~ / d e s k <tab> <return> <return> 
C-x 1 <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <C-down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> 
<C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> 
<C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> 
<C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> <C-down> 
<C-down> <next> <f5> <f5> d x <up> <return> g <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> M-x r e p o <tab> r t <tab> 
b u <tab> <return> <S-f7> <switch-frame> C-x d <switch-frame> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> C-x d / u 
s r / l o <tab> e m <tab> <return> <down> <down> <return> 
<down> <return> <return> <down> <return> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <return> <switch-frame> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-movement> <mouse-1> M-x <up> <return>

Recent messages:
Killed inactive buffer: essen.
Killed inactive buffer: database.
Building Debian package lists...done.
Mark saved where search started
Parsing archive file...done.
Deleting...done
Making completion list...
byte-code: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
uncompressing arc-mode.el.gz...done
Note: file is write protected

Load-path shadows:
/home/deyke/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20140529.1117/tq hides /usr/local/emacs/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow nnir emacsbug sendmail add-log arc-mode archive-mode thingatpt
apt-utils swbuff term ehelp w3m-form w3m browse-url w3m-hist w3m-fb
bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util
qp tabify dd-misc cal-move misearch multi-isearch vc-git time-stamp
copyright flow-fill mm-archive gnus-picon smiley gnus-cite gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic nnrss mm-url nndraft nnmh
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nnfolder
nnml gnus-cache bbdb-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com warnings
network-stream starttls nntp gnus-group gnus-undo spam-stat gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader session view
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso vc-fossil tempbuf
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m
org-agenda org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs generic-x rcirc ring netrc
emms-librefm-stream xml emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume easy-mmode emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history
emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util password-cache
url-vars mailcap emms-streams emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc advice emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
emms-setup emms emms-compat bongo mule-util lastfm-submit allout cl-macs
color-theme wid-edit cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib server message-x message
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone
delsel cua-base msb icomplete mic-paren paren dired which-func imenu
time avoid sudoku-autoloads info easymenu package time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 527232 79627)
 (symbols 24 75886 181)
 (miscs 20 478 969)
 (strings 16 205046 22069)
 (string-bytes 1 5364881)
 (vectors 8 61330)
 (vector-slots 4 1897938 42824)
 (floats 8 10760 85288)
 (intervals 28 4770 567)
 (buffers 512 46)
 (heap 1024 41300 1101))

-- 
Dieter Deyke
mailto:[email-masked]