Subject: bug#17633: 24.3.91; mouse-drag-line: Symbol's function definition is void: mouse--remap-link-click-p

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 17:57:47 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 10:18:57 -0400
> 
> >> > But why does it hurt to include the window's point in the click?
> >> Because mouse-posn-property then checks the text-property at point.
> > It shouldn't do that.  This sounds like a problem with
> > mouse-posn-property rather than with make_lispy_position.
> 
> In the case of fringe clicks, I agree that these events's
> buffer-position info is worthwhile and that mouse-posn-property should
> ignore it, but in the case of mode-line clicks, the click is completely
> unrelated to the particular position of point at that moment, os
> including that info is just asking for trouble,

It's not necessarily unrelated.  Imagine some feature that wants to
change the effect of such a click depending on point.  There's nothing
especially hilarious about that.