Subject: Re: bug#17633: 24.3.91; mouse-drag-line: Symbol's function definition is void: mouse--remap-link-click-p

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 16:32:34 -0400

>>> emacs -q
>>> # Drag the mode line with the mouse.
> That is my recipe.

Hmm.... when I try that, I get a frame with a single window, so I can
try to drag the mode line, but it won't budge.  And I don't get
any error.
So, I tried to add a C-x 2.  I can then move the mode line, but then
again, I don't get any error.

Oh, wait, right, I see it now: I had used "emacs -Q" rather than "emacs -q".
Thanks.

> FWIW there is another major bug:

>     emacs -q
>     # Click the mode line's buffer identification string ("*GNU Emacs*")
>     button-activate: Symbol's function definition is void: nil
> This bug only occurs when point is on a character with a keymap.  emacs
> seems to use the keymap of the character at point rather than the one of
> the character that was actually clicked at.

Can you make it a separate bug-report?

        Stefan