Subject: Re: bug#17627: 24.3.91; Spurious "Warning: the function `cl-member' might not be defined at runtime."

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 17:15:33 +0200

Achim Gratz <[email-masked]> writes:

> The add-to-list function has a compiler macro that uses 'cl-member' in
> its definition.  That produces spurious byte-compiler warnings which
> somehow depend on the order of compilation and/or the presence of other
> byte-compiled files. 

It seems like this was removed in 2013:

commit 0b31660d3c10a0f8e243dd67bd0ecaf2c847d1e6
Author: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Jun 13 22:31:28 2013 -0400

    * lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el (byte-compile-force-lexical-warnings): New var.
    (byte-compile-preprocess): Use it.
    (byte-compile-file-form-defalias): Try a bit harder to use macros we
    can't quite recognize.
    (byte-compile-add-to-list): Remove.

So I'm guessing that this is no longer applicable and am closing the bug
report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no