Subject: 24.3.91; Spurious "Warning: the function `cl-member' might not be defined at runtime."

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 08:43:03 +0200

In GNU Emacs 24.3.91.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.4)
 of 2014-04-13 on Rainer.invalid
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11403901
System Description:	openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (i586)

The add-to-list function has a compiler macro that uses 'cl-member' in
its definition.  That produces spurious byte-compiler warnings which
somehow depend on the order of compilation and/or the presence of other
byte-compiled files.  To reproduce, do this in a standalone Org source
tree with the maint branch checked out:

make compile
rm lisp/ob-tangle.elc
make compile-dirty
rm lisp/ob-tangle.elc lisp/org-src.rlc
make compile-dirty

Note that the warning only seems to be printed when org-src.elc (which
is required from ob-tangle) is already present (i.e. during the first
'make compile-dirty').

This issue is also present for trunk Emacs.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#BlofeldUserWavetables