Subject: 24.4.50; All installed packages marked "unsigned", no archive listed

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 11:13:10 +0800

I'm using the most recent git version of emacs, updated ten minutes ago
or so. I (require 'package), then add-to-list both Melpa and Marmalade
to package-archives. I have a dozen or so packages installed already,
from ELPA, Melpa, and Marmalade.

The command `list-packages' then gives me a *Package* buffer in which
all installed packages are marked as "unsigned", in a bright red face,
and the "archive" column is empty. Getting info on any of these
installed packages shows a *Help* screen where the "Archive" heading
reads n/a, but "Version" obviously matches on of the versions mentioned
in "Other versions". I've attached a screenshot which should make all of
this obvious. Apparently it's not supposed to be like this.

Thanks,
Eric

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
 of 2014-05-29 on pellet
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gif=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f . e m a s c <tab> <backspace> <backspace> c 
s <tab> i n i t . e l <return> <down> <down> <down> 
C-e C-g <down> <down> C-x C-e <down> <down> C-e C-x 
C-e <down> <down> C-x C-e C-v M-v <up> <up> <up> C-x 
C-f l i s p / i n i t - b a r e b o n e s . e l <return> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> C-e M-b M-b M-b M-d a b s M-f - g i t / s r 
c / n o t m u c h C-x C-s <down> C-x <left> M-x l i 
s p - <backspace> <backspace> t = <backspace> - p a 
c k a g e s <return> C-v C-v C-v C-v M-> M-v M-v M-v 
<down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-l 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> ? C-x 1 C-x 3 C-x o C-x 
b <tab> H <backspace> * H e <tab> <return> C-x 1 M-x 
r e p o r t - m e <backspace> <backspace> e m a c s 
- b u g <return>

Recent messages:
(("marmalade" . "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/") ("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/"))
(("melpa" . "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/") ("marmalade" . "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/") ("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/"))
Saving file /home/eric/.emacs.d/lisp/init-barebones.el...
Wrote /home/eric/.emacs.d/lisp/init-barebones.el
Contacting host: melpa.milkbox.net:80 [2 times]
Contacting host: marmalade-repo.org:80
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:80
Mark set
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail lisp-mnt help-mode mule-util
parse-time mm-archive message dired format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-utils network-stream starttls url-http tls mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars finder-inf package time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 594477 75145)
 (symbols 24 22881 0)
 (miscs 20 43 272)
 (strings 16 53845 11297)
 (string-bytes 1 1465016)
 (vectors 8 24545)
 (vector-slots 4 1240364 40700)
 (floats 8 82 558)
 (intervals 28 78465 2398)
 (buffers 512 16)
 (heap 1024 21565 1004))