Subject: bug#1762: bug in internal Emacs documentation

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 18:54:10 +0100

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 04:00:24AM -0500, John D. Landstreet wrote:
> Hello
> 
> The link
> 
> * Ispell: <URL:http://www.eng.utah.edu/~kstevens/ispell-page.html>
> 
> included in the Help -> External Packages link in the Emacs (22.2.1) 
> distributed in Fedora 10 does not work, and so there seems to be no link 
> providing a means to get ispell for Emacs, which I have always found 
> extremely useful.

That link seems to work for me.

However, ispell.el versions in that page are way outdated. ispell.el
versions shipped with FSF emacs 22 and above contain tons of improvements
over them and should already be in your emacs22 package.

Note that the above page refers to ispell.el, the emacs interface, not
ispell (or aspell), the program. You need to install ispell or aspell
separately. Not sure if they are provided by your distro (I think I
read somewhere that Fedora only provides hunspell). 

Regards,

-- 
Agustin