Subject: bug#1762: bug in internal Emacs documentation

From: "John D. Landstreet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 15:57:42 -0500 (EST)

Hello Augustin Martin

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply to my mail. I really appreciate 
your help.

Yes, that link now works for me too. I don't know why it broke for me 
earlier.

Thanks very much for the hint about aspell, which is not included in my 
Fedora 10 distro. I have installed it and now spell-checking works again 
in my VERY FAVOURITE editor.

You people who develop emacs do great work, and deserve our thanks.

All the best, john

                          Dr. John D. Landstreet
                      Leverhulme Visiting Professor
              Armagh Observatory, Armagh, Northern Ireland
                         phone: +44 077 9071 2606
                     WWW: http://astro.uwo.ca/~jlandstr

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009, Agustin Martin wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 04:00:24AM -0500, John D. Landstreet wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> The link
>>
>> * Ispell: <URL:http://www.eng.utah.edu/~kstevens/ispell-page.html>
>>
>> included in the Help -> External Packages link in the Emacs (22.2.1)
>> distributed in Fedora 10 does not work, and so there seems to be no link
>> providing a means to get ispell for Emacs, which I have always found
>> extremely useful.
>
> That link seems to work for me.
>
> However, ispell.el versions in that page are way outdated. ispell.el
> versions shipped with FSF emacs 22 and above contain tons of improvements
> over them and should already be in your emacs22 package.
>
> Note that the above page refers to ispell.el, the emacs interface, not
> ispell (or aspell), the program. You need to install ispell or aspell
> separately. Not sure if they are provided by your distro (I think I
> read somewhere that Fedora only provides hunspell).
>
> Regards,
>
> -- 
> Agustin
>