Subject: Re: bug#17598: Emacs pretest 24.3.91 - AIX - SIGSEV when customize

From: Gilles PION <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:54:39 +0200

> On 05/28/2014 09:43 AM, Gilles PION wrote:
> > configure: error: Emacs does not support `powerpc-ibm-aix7.1.0.0' 
> > systems. 
> 
> One way to work around that bug, without editing 'configure', is to 
> configure this way:
> 
> ./configure powerpc-ibm-aix6
> 
> This should work even on AIX 7.

Tried this, now "configure" is successful but "make" fails:

Warning: arch-independent data dir 
`<TOOLSDIR>/emacs-24.3.91/share/emacs/24.3.91/etc/': Invalid argument
Warning: Lisp directory `<HOMEDIR>/src/emacs/24.3.91/emacs-24.3.91/lisp': 
Invalid argument
Error: charsets directory not found:
<TOOLSDIR>/emacs-24.3.91/share/emacs/24.3.91/etc/charsets
Emacs will not function correctly without the character map files.
Please check your installation!

Directories are present but investigating further show that strange system 
call ("faccessat") failures (EINVAL) occurs when temacs is running.
I've attached truss output to this message

Note: I'm using gcc 7.8.2 compiler boostraped and build on an AIX 6.1 host
--
Gilles

                                                                   

. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataires de ce message, merci d'avertir
l'expéditeur de l'erreur de distribution et de le détruire
immédiatement.
Ce message contient des informations confidentielles ou appartenant
a La Française des Jeux. Il est établi a l'intention exclusive de
ses destinataires. Toute divulgation, utilisation, diffusion ou
reproduction (totale ou partielle) de ce message ou des
informations qu'il contient, doit être préalablement autorisée.
Tout message électronique est susceptible d'altération et son
intégrité ne peut etre assurée. La Française des Jeux décline toute
responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il a été modifie ou
falsifie.