Subject: bug#17598: Emacs pretest 24.3.91 - AIX - SIGSEV when customize

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 19:24:40 -0700

Gilles PION wrote:
> Same error at runtime.
>
> I would not be much surprised if it was rather the GCC compiler being the
> source of this error

Which GCC compiler are you using?  I am using 4.8.1, and it works for 
me; see attached files.

Can you please run the following commands (or their equivalents) in a 
fresh directory, and send all the shell output, config.log, lib/fcntl.h, 
src/config.h, and emacs-trussout.txt files (compressed), in the same 
style as the files I've attached to this email?  Thanks.

wget http://cs.ucla.edu/~eggert/emacs-24.3.91.tar.gz
gunzip < emacs-24.3.91.tar.gz  | tar xf -
cd emacs-24.3.91
./configure --without-all --with-x-toolkit=lucid CFLAGS="-O3 -g"
make
truss -df -o emacs-trussout.txt src/emacs
   [Type "M-x shell RET C-d C-x C-c".]

You may have to run "src/emacs -nw" instead of "src/emacs", if you have 
an X display.