Subject: bug#17598: Emacs pretest 24.3.91 - AIX - SIGSEV when customize

From: Gilles PION <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 17:57:12 +0200

> 
> 
> > will try to remove "--with xpm"
> > 

> Done and no crashes yet
> 
> I'm thinking testing a gcc build using same configure settings or 
> alse aix higher optimization level (O5)
> 
> Please be patient, going to be out of office for a few hours again.
> 
> (NB: added Dmitryi in CC list)

Build with CFLAGS="-O3" seem to be OK also

Tried another build with "CC=xlc_r" as suggested by Dmitry and putting 
bacj  "--with-xpm"

With this setting, emacs doesn't crashes but goes to en endless loop as 
soon as I enter "customize"

I thing that the working combo could be

"CC=xlc_r" and NO "--with-xpm"

Going to try this now

--
Gilles

                                                                   

. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataires de ce message, merci d'avertir
l'expéditeur de l'erreur de distribution et de le détruire
immédiatement.
Ce message contient des informations confidentielles ou appartenant
a La Française des Jeux. Il est établi a l'intention exclusive de
ses destinataires. Toute divulgation, utilisation, diffusion ou
reproduction (totale ou partielle) de ce message ou des
informations qu'il contient, doit être préalablement autorisée.
Tout message électronique est susceptible d'altération et son
intégrité ne peut etre assurée. La Française des Jeux décline toute
responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il a été modifie ou
falsifie.