Subject: Re: bug#17598: Emacs pretest 24.3.91 - AIX - SIGSEV when customize

From: Gilles PION <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 17:53:28 +0200

> 
> On the off-chance that it's also related to the code that the compiler 
> generates, I installed changes into the emacs-24 branch to get 'xlc' 
> working again on 32-bit AIX.  If you have access to xlc, please try 
> './configure CC=xlc' from the latest emacs-24 branch (and without any 
> other patches).

Unfortunately, using xlc, compilation fails with the  following error (I'm 
using trunk-r117204.tgz):

        /usr/vac/bin/xlc -qlanglvl=extc99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../lib 
-I../src -I../src   -I/fdj/opt/emacs-24.3.91/include    -g -O -c dtoastr.c
"ftoastr.c", line 80.37: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier 
_GL_FLT_PREC_BOUND.
"ftoastr.c", line 80.23: 1506-1324 (S) Array size must have integer type.
gmake[2]: *** [dtoastr.o] Error 1

Do I have to fetch a newer version of the sources? Note: I need a .tar 
archive since I do not have bzr
--
Gilles

                                                                   

. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataires de ce message, merci d'avertir
l'expéditeur de l'erreur de distribution et de le détruire
immédiatement.
Ce message contient des informations confidentielles ou appartenant
a La Française des Jeux. Il est établi a l'intention exclusive de
ses destinataires. Toute divulgation, utilisation, diffusion ou
reproduction (totale ou partielle) de ce message ou des
informations qu'il contient, doit être préalablement autorisée.
Tout message électronique est susceptible d'altération et son
intégrité ne peut etre assurée. La Française des Jeux décline toute
responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il a été modifie ou
falsifie.