Subject: bug#17598: anonymized-config.log is from Emacs 24.3

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 21:19:15 -0700

By the way, the attachment anonymized-config.log at the start of this 
bug report 
<http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?msg=5;filename=anonymized-config.log;att=2;bug=17598> 
is from Emacs 24.3, not from Emacs pretest 24.3.91.  Could you send a 
config.log from the latest emacs-24 branch, once you've built it?  Thanks.

Another idea: if it's a bug in the use of some of the libraries, perhaps 
you can make it go away with something like this:

  ./configure --without-all --with-xft=no --with-x-toolkit=lucid \
    --disable-acl \
    ac_cv_path_PKG_CONFIG=no \
    ac_cv_header_X11_extensions_Xrandr_h=no \
    ac_cv_header_X11_extensions_Xinerama_h=no

(yes, this is painful; sorry).

The idea is to build something with minimal library dependencies; run:

    ldd src/temacs

to see what libraries you have linked in, and make that list as small as 
you can while still keeping X.  Presumably you have an old version of 
Emacs around that works; you can use "ldd" too see what libraries it's 
using and try to make sure you aren't using any new ones.