Subject: 24.3; popup dialog hangs emacs

From: Rodney Kosloski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 17:51:29 -0500

==============
Emacs hangs when executing x-popup-dialog 

Machine: imac 
OS: OX X 10.9.3
Emacs: macports emacs-app @ 24.3_2

Any popup dialog causes emacs to hang.
For example:

   (x-popup-dialog t '("Working" ("Yes" . t) ("No" . nil)))

The dialog appears, the buttons are visible, the button is
highlighted when clicked but then nothing happens. Emacs is
completely unresponsive and I have to kill it from a terminal window.

This happens even if I invoke emacs with -q and immediately execute
x-popup-dialog.
==============

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.00)
of 2014-02-08 on tennine-slave.macports.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
`configure '--prefix=/opt/local' '--with-ns' '--without-x'
'--without-dbus' 'CC=/usr/bin/clang' 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os -arch x86_64'
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -arch
x86_64' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  openwith-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <emacs-manual-bug> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <help-echo> 
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <about-emacs> <help-echo> <menu-bar> 
<buffer> C-a <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report> 
C-g <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x r e p o r t - e m 
a c s - b u f <backspace> g <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/rodneykosloski/quicklisp/slime-helper.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/rodneykosloski/personal/emacs/android-emacs-toolkit/androidmk-mode.el
[android] /Users/rodneykosloski/local/share/development/android-ndk-r9c
[android] /Users/rodneykosloski/local/share/development/android-sdk-macosx
Loading dired-x...done
Thursday May 29, 2014
* mechanics starts: www.edx.org 8.mrevx
Package pgg-def is obsolete!
Package pgg-parse is obsolete!
Package pgg is obsolete!
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/Users/rodneykosloski/emacs24-app/lisp/custom hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/custom
/Users/rodneykosloski/emacs24-app/lisp/xscheme hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/xscheme

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message idna format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils jka-compr info openwith easy-mmode dired-x
easymenu dired androidmk-mode derived slime-autoloads dir-mode grep
compile comint ansi-color ring browse-url cl-macs gv pgg pgg-parse
pgg-def cl cl-lib time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)