Subject: bug#17589: closed (Re: bug#17589: 24.3.91; lisp/frameset.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 11:42:03 +0000

Your bug report

#17589: 24.3.91; lisp/frameset.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
17589: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17589
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#17589: 24.3.91; lisp/frameset.el
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>, Arash Cue <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 04:41:29 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I guess if Juanma's patch fixes an issue it should be installed though?
>
> Not if it leads to other regressions.  :-)  Re-skimming this thread, I'm
> not sure what the conclusion was...

Given that it's been years, perhaps we should just close this.  No one
replied back within 12 months.

If any of this is still important, it'll come back up.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.

If this conclusion is incorrect and this is still an issue, please reply
to this email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can
reopen the bug report.

Subject: 24.3.91; lisp/frameset.el
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 20:49:10 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

cmdline: emacs -Q
version: git 24.3.91.1 (branch emacs-24)

frame 'a': (C-x r f a)
changing buffers and windows ...
frame 'b': (C-x r f b)
when i want to go back to 'a' (C-x r j a) emacs can't remember the frame and
open random buffer instead. (no error)
i tried both GUI and terminal versions. 

In GNU Emacs 24.3.91.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2014-05-25 on XX
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11500000
System Description:	Gentoo Base System release 2.2

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --disable-silent-rules
 --disable-dependency-tracking --program-suffix=-emacs-24-git
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24-git --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-gameuser=games --without-compress-install
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --with-dbus --with-gnutls
 --with-gpm --without-hesiod --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5
 --with-xml2 --without-selinux --with-wide-int --with-zlib
 --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-gif
 --without-jpeg --without-png --without-rsvg --without-tiff --with-xpm
 --without-imagemagick --with-xft --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 GENTOO_PACKAGE=app-editors/emacs-git-24.4.9999
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Memory information:
((conses 16 185981 8887)
 (symbols 48 30733 0)
 (miscs 40 73 106)
 (strings 32 47584 5705)
 (string-bytes 1 1463860)
 (vectors 16 22398)
 (vector-slots 8 506557 4327)
 (floats 8 125 71)
 (intervals 56 301 0)
 (buffers 960 15)
 (heap 1024 41524 1001))