Subject: Re: bug#17588: 24.3.91; mouse-face glitchy

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 22:45:11 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Well, I don't see any issues now, either.  Perhaps some other factor
> is at work here.
>
> How was your Emacs built?  (The information collected by
> 'report-emacs-bug' was not present in your report.)
>
> Also, can you try running this on some other machine, perhaps a faster
> one?

FWIW, when I follow the recipe, I see exactly the behavior as
Christopher described.  I have a recent build of the emacs-24 branch on
Debian,

(emacs-version) => "GNU Emacs 24.3.91.1
  (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
  of 2014-05-25 on drachen"

The artifacts in the mode-line/ outdated mouse highlighting stay there
for minutes, until I e.g. switch to a different window.

Michael.