Subject: bug#17572: 24.3; Directory regexp compile.el

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 20:50:08 -0400

Jannis Teunissen wrote:

> The problem seemed to be the compilation-directory-matcher variable. By
> default, it is:
> '("\\(?:Entering\\|Leavin\\(g\\)\\) directory `\\(.+\\)'$" (2 . 1))
>
> However, my directory-change messages have the following form:
> make[1]: Entering directory '/.../dir'
>
> Note the ' instead of `. If I set compilation-directory-matcher to:
> '("\\(?:Entering\\|Leavin\\(g\\)\\) directory [`']\\(.+\\)'$" (2 . 1)))
> then everything works fine again.

Thanks for the report.
This is already fixed for the next release of Emacs:
http://debbugs.gnu.org/15678

> gcc version 4.8.2
> make version 4.0
> emacs version 24.3.1