Subject: bug#17562: 24.4.50; REGRESSION: mouse double-click on `(` does not select whole Lisp sexp

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 00:25:03 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't see it with this build, so it seems to have been introduced
> between 4/29 and 5/17.  Unfortunately, I have no build between those
> two, to check in more detail.

It seems to have been introduced by this commit:

44812aa45a823e344811f4f38966c3e5c9b5118f
Author: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sun May 11 01:49:14 2014 -0400

    * lisp/mouse.el: Use the normal toplevel loop while dragging.
    (mouse-set-point): Handle multi-clicks.
    (mouse-set-region): Handle multi-clicks for drags.
    (mouse-drag-region): Update call accordingly.
    (mouse-drag-track): Remove `do-mouse-drag-region-post-process' hack.
    Use the normal event loop instead of a local while/read-event loop.
    (global-map): Remove redundant bindings for double/triple-mouse-1.
    * lisp/xt-mouse.el (xterm-mouse-translate-1): Only process one event at a time.
    Generate synthetic down events when the protocol only sends up events.
    (xterm-mouse-last): Remove.
    (xterm-mouse--read-event-sequence-1000): Use xterm-mouse-last-down
    terminal parameter instead.
    (xterm-mouse--set-click-count): New function.
    (xterm-mouse-event): Detect/generate double/triple clicks.
    * lisp/reveal.el (reveal-close-old-overlays): Don't close while
    dragging.

Michael.