Subject: Re: bug#17558: 24.4.50; global-subword-mode breaks ERC

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 22:38:53 +0100

Dima Kogan <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> If you had a function `erc-forward-word' that did all the syntax
>> skipping, you could basically just say
>>
>> (upcase-region (point) (erc-forward-word))
>
> Sure, that's fine. Are you suggesting that such a function be written,
> and then this patch will be accepted?

Yup.

> This isn't erc-specific, so something named "forward-word-nosubword"
> probably would be better

I think that might be somewhat controversial.  As a start, let's keep
this contained to erc, and we can move stuff around afterwards, if
needed.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no