Subject: 24.3.91; [Regression] re-usage of dired *Marked Files* buffer window

From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 14:59:33 -0500

emacs -Q

open a dired buffer

mark two files

type R to move these files to some other directory

emacs displays a buffer *Marked Files* listing the files to be moved
(with two files to be moved the window displaying this buffer has
three lines)

use TAB completion to find the directory where you want to move
these files

emacs re-uses the three-line window from the *Marked Files* buffer
in order to display the *Completions* buffer.  As the first
completion appears in the 4th line of the *Completions* buffer, a
3-line window is rather ineffective

I guess, quite generally emacs should make sure that the
*Completions* buffer uses a "sufficiently large" window to serve its
purpose.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.91.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2014-05-12 on lukas
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.ISO-8859-15
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-9-unix

Major mode: Dired by name