Subject: bug#17552: Sometimes md5sum misses files

From: "Hamilton, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 10:18:09 -0700

Hi

I just noticed that md5sum sometimes does not calculate a md5 checksum
on a file when using wild cards.

I am running Cygwin64 under Windows7 64-bit and am executing the program
within a Ms-Dos window.

My call is "md5sum *.h64"

md5sum "missed" doing a checksum on the lang.h64 file.

If I run md5sum directly on lang.h64, then I get a checksum.

The two included files are: md5.txt is the version data for md5sum.

In  md5test.zip are the six test files and the result of running md5sum.

The version data is all  in Linux end of line format.

In the test files some files have Linux end of lines and some have
Ms-Dos end of lines. 

I tried to make shorter test files and then the problem did not happen.

I can't think of anything else to try. My workaround is to just manually
do a md5sum on the lang.h64 file. 

Others may have the same problem and have not yet caught it yet.

________________________________________________________________________
_______
All men are created equal .... and then some become Marine Sargents
Eric Hamilton  |   Pelco by Schneider Electric   |  Buildings Business
|   United States  |   Senior Software Engineer 
Phone: 559-292-1981 ext. 3375  |   Toll Free: 800-289-9100 ext. 3375  |
Direct Phone:  559-388-3375
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
|   Site: www.schneider-electric.com
<http://www.schneider-electric.com/>   |   Address: 3500 Pelco Way,
Clovis, California, 93612-5699 USA