Subject: bug#17544: 24.3; [PATCH] Improved diff-mode navigation/manipulation

From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 18:44:15 -0700

[email-masked] writes:

> Dima Kogan <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Here's yet another revised patch. The (call-interactively) at the end of
>> (diff-apply-hunk) was important, it turns out. This would force it to
>> use the new logic to move to the next hunk, instead of the legacy logic.
>> I purposely left the behavior of (diff-next-hunk) unchanged from before
>> when running non-interactively, and here I explicitly want the new
>> behavior.
>
> If both behaviours are needed, it would be much better if lisp code
> could choose between them without having to use call-interactively,
> that's quite an awkward interface.

Hi. I'm open to suggestions. The goal was to retain the previous logic
for any existing code, but to provide improved user-facing behavior.
Given this, it doesn't seem to me to be too awkward to pass-on the
"interactive-p" state to child functions. Am I wrong to want to preserve
existing behavior for elisp code? If so, then the entire old path can
simply go away unconditionally.