Subject: bug#17541: 24.3; wdired do not allow to edit first char in filenames

From: JuanLeon Lahoz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 09:39:54 +0200

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> JuanLeon Lahoz wrote:
>
> > When I enter into wdired-mode I can edit every char in the file names but
> > the first.
> >
> > For instance, workaround or renaming "foo" to "afoo" is to insert "af"
> > after "f" and then delete first "f" with backspace.
>
> Thanks for the report, but I cannot reproduce this.
> I can rename "foo" to "afoo" just fine.
> Does this happen with emacs -Q?
>

Weird.  That does not happen with emacs -Q.

I did a binary search of all the stuff in my init file to narrow the
problem and then, when narrowed to a single defun in a configuration file,
the problem went away (I suspect that when init-loader recompiled that
file).

So I am left with same configuration than yesterday and no problem!  Good;
I suppose.

Thanks