Subject: Re: bug#1754: 23.0.60; tool-bar is shown with tool-bar-mode off

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 08:57:11 +0100

>> If you mean that `modify-all-frames-parameters' should not change
 >> `initial-frame-alist' because the "right" value will be eventually found
 >> when scanning `default-frame-alist', you're maybe right.
 >
 > Yes, I think that's what I mean.
 >
 >> OTOH a user may have set `initial-frame-alist' to contain
 >> a tool-bar-lines entry and wants to explicitly turn off
 >> `tool-bar-mode' for the initial frame.  Consider Drew's example with
 >> "initial" replacing "default".
 >
 > But modify-all-frames-parameters beings by removing any such setting in
 > initial-frame-alist anyway, so it seems this case still doesn't justify
 > adding the setting to initial-frame-alist.

On the one hand you mean that `modify-all-frames-parameters' should not
change `initial-frame-alist' on the other you mean it should remove such
setting in `initial-frame-alist' anyway?  You leave me confused.

martin