Subject: [FYI] {micro} Automake docs: fix typos and use of British English

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:53:07 +0100

From: Karl Berry <[email-masked]>

* doc/automake.texi: Here.

Signed-off-by: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
---
 doc/automake.texi | 12 ++++++------
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/automake.texi b/doc/automake.texi
index 20855d6..736d61d 100644
--- a/doc/automake.texi
+++ b/doc/automake.texi
@@ -1830,7 +1830,7 @@ variable definitions.
 @cindex indentation in Makefile.am
 Generally, Automake is not particularly smart in the parsing of unusual
 Makefile constructs, so you're advised to avoid fancy constructs or
-``creative'' use of whitespaces.
+``creative'' use of whitespace.
 @c Keep this in sync with doc-parsing-buglets-tabs.sh
 For example, @key{TAB} characters cannot be used between a target name
 and the following ``@code{:}'' character, and variable assignments
@@ -3278,7 +3278,7 @@ find third-party @file{.m4} files.  When this option is given, normal
 processing is suppressed.  This option was used @emph{in the past} by
 third-party packages to determine where to install @file{.m4} macro
 files, but @emph{this usage is today discouraged}, since it causes
-@samp{$(prefix)} not to be thoroughly honoured (which violates the
+@samp{$(prefix)} not to be thoroughly honored (which violates the
 GNU Coding Standards), and a similar semantics can be better obtained
 with the @env{ACLOCAL_PATH} environment variable; @pxref{Extending aclocal}.
 
@@ -3474,7 +3474,7 @@ Also note that, if the @option{--install} option is used, any @file{.m4}
 file containing a required macro that is found in a directory listed in
 @env{ACLOCAL_PATH} will be installed locally.
 @c Keep in sync with aclocal-path-installed-serial.sh
-In this case, serial numbers in @file{.m4} are honoured too,
+In this case, serial numbers in @file{.m4} are honored too,
 @pxref{Serials}.
 
 Conversely to @file{dirlist}, @env{ACLOCAL_PATH} is useful if you are
@@ -7876,7 +7876,7 @@ All of these targets can be extended using @samp{-local} rules
 
 If the @file{.texi} file @code{@@include}s @file{version.texi}, then
 that file will be automatically generated.  The file @file{version.texi}
-defines four Texinfo flag you can reference using
+defines four Texinfo flags you can reference using
 @code{@@value@{EDITION@}}, @code{@@value@{VERSION@}},
 @code{@@value@{UPDATED@}}, and @code{@@value@{UPDATED-MONTH@}}.
 
@@ -8478,7 +8478,7 @@ dist-hook:
         rm -rf `find $(distdir)/doc -type d -name .svn`
 @end example
 
-@c The caveates described here should be documented in 'disthook.sh'.
+@c The caveats described here should be documented in 'disthook.sh'.
 @noindent
 Note that the @code{dist-hook} recipe shouldn't assume that the regular
 files in the distribution directory are writable; this might not be the
@@ -9491,7 +9491,7 @@ The @file{.trs} file is used to register some metadata through the use
 of custom reStructuredText fields.  This metadata is expected to be
 employed in various ways by the parallel test harness; for example, to
 count the test results when printing the testsuite summary, or to decide
-which tests to re-run upon @command{make reheck}.  Unrecognized metadata
+which tests to re-run upon @command{make recheck}.  Unrecognized metadata
 in a @file{.trs} file is currently ignored by the harness, but this might
 change in the future. The list of currently recognized metadata follows.
 
-- 
2.1.3