Subject: bug#17536: automake.texi typo fixes

From: [email-masked] (Karl Berry)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 21:03:10 GMT

Should be self-explanatory ("whitespaces" is not a word, etc.), let me
know if questions.

Don't see any point in a huge changelog entry either ...

Karl Berry  <[email-masked]>

* automake.texi: fix a few typos, etc.

--- ORIG/automake.texi	2014-04-23 00:21:46.256673602 -0700
+++ automake.texi	2014-05-20 10:18:50.383562660 -0700
@@ -1833,3 +1833,3 @@
 Makefile constructs, so you're advised to avoid fancy constructs or
-``creative'' use of whitespaces.
+``creative'' use of whitespace characters.
 @c Keep this in sync with doc-parsing-buglets-tabs.sh
@@ -3278,3 +3278,3 @@
 files, but @emph{this usage is today discouraged}, since it causes
-@samp{$(prefix)} not to be thoroughly honoured (which violates the
+@samp{$(prefix)} not to be thoroughly honored (which violates the
 GNU Coding Standards), and a similar semantics can be better obtained
@@ -7856,3 +7856,3 @@
 that file will be automatically generated.  The file @file{version.texi}
-defines four Texinfo flag you can reference using
+defines four Texinfo flags you can reference using
 @code{@@value@{EDITION@}}, @code{@@value@{VERSION@}},
@@ -8458,3 +8458,3 @@
 
-@c The caveates described here should be documented in 'disthook.sh'.
+@c The caveats described here should be documented in 'disthook.sh'.
 @noindent
@@ -9449,3 +9449,3 @@
 count the test results when printing the testsuite summary, or to decide
-which tests to re-run upon @command{make reheck}.  Unrecognized metadata
+which tests to re-run upon @command{make recheck}.  Unrecognized metadata
 in a @file{.trs} file is currently ignored by the harness, but this might

Diff finished at Tue May 20 10:18:54