Subject: bug#17529: closed (Re: bug#17529: 24.3; Error in hippie-expand)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 18:16:03 +0000

Your bug report

#17529: 24.3; Error in hippie-expand

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
17529: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17529
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#17529: 24.3; Error in hippie-expand
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 14:15:40 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

Glenn Morris wrote:

> !       (concat "\\(" comint-prompt-regexp "\\|^\\s-*\\)\\(?2:"

I applied this emacs-24, even though this is a long-standing issue,
because it seems like a safe change.

Subject: 24.3; Error in hippie-expand
From: Torbjørn Lindahl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 18:16:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2014-04-18 on buildvm-19.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
System Description:    Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)

Configured using:
 `configure '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
 '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix='
 '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr'
 '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
 '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include'
 '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus'
 '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff'
 '--with-xft' '--with-xpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-gpm=no'
 'build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
 'host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
 -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: iESS

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
v a l u <return> <tab> <tab> <S-iso-lefttab> <S-iso-lefttab>
C-g M-x C-g C-h k <S-iso-lefttab> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> q <help-echo> M-x h i p p <tab> <return>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <S-iso-lefttab>
C-_ C-x o <S-iso-lefttab> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-x a p <backspace> b b r e <tab> e x <tab> <backspace>
<backspace> <tab> C-g M-x e x p a n d <tab> <tab> a
b b <tab> <return> C-h f a b b r e v - e x <tab> <return>
q <backspace> C-x o q M-x a b b r e v - e <tab> <tab>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> C-g C-h f e x p a n d - a v
<backspace> b b <tab> <return> C-x o q C-x ' C-g M-x
e x p a <tab> a b b <tab> <return> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> C-h f e x p a n <tab> v a <backspace> <backspace>
a b b <tab> <return> C-x o C-x o C-x a e C-g C-x a
' C-g C-x o q M-b M-b M-d M-d n u <S-iso-lefttab> <S-iso-lefttab>
<S-iso-lefttab> <S-iso-lefttab> C-x ' C-g C-x a e M-x
e x p a <tab> a b b <tab> <return> u <backspace> m
. <return> SPC ) <return> d i . v a <S-iso-lefttab>
<S-iso-lefttab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> C-x o C-x C-s C-x o M-x h i
p p i <tab> <return> M-x t o g g l e - d e <tab> <return>
e r <tab> <return> M-x h i p i p <backspace> <backspace>
p i <tab> <return> <up> C-2 <C-down> M-w q <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> M-x r e m o r t <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> p o r t - e m a
<tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Quit
You can run the command `expand-abbrev' with C-x '
he-init-string: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil [2 times]
(No changes need to be saved)
he-init-string: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil
Making completion list...
Debug on Error enabled globally
Entering debugger...
Mark set
Back to top level.

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/ess-utils hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-utils
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/goodies/htmlize hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/htmlize/htmlize
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/goodies/emacs-goodies-loaddefs hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/emacs-goodies-loaddefs
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/systemc-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/systemc-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/camldebug hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tuareg/camldebug
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/vm/tapestry hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/lisp/tapestry
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/maxima-modes hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/maxima/site_start.d/maxima-modes
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ddskk/ccc hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/proofgeneral/ccc/ccc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/sounds/cartoon-22k-mono/define-theme
hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/sounds/chimes-stereo/define-theme
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/sounds/cartoon-22k-mono/define-theme
hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/sounds/default-8k/define-theme
~/.emacs.d/cus-theme hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/cus-theme
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rinari/util/ruby-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/verilog-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/progmodes/verilog-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rinari/util/jump/which-func hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/progmodes/which-func
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus-bonus/spam-stat hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/spam-stat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus-bonus/nnnil hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/nnnil
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus-bonus/nnir hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/nnir
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/timeclock hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/calendar/timeclock

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
mail-utils debug etags two-column iso-transl diff view vc-bzr vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher macros hippie-exp grep cperl-mode
em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp electric em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups
eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util help-mode conf-mode misearch
multi-isearch skk-vars tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs format-spec vc-git bookmark pp server selinux-m4-te-mode
selinux-te-mode m4-mode recentf tree-widget dired edit-server
catalyst-server ffap magit-bisect magit-key-mode magit diff-mode
log-edit pcvs-util add-log ll-debug skeleton perlmod-utils autoinsert
autorevert saveplace uniquify cl-macs gv u-vm-color vm-autoloads vm-vars
vm-version uim-leim uim warnings uim-helper uim-candidate uim-preedit
uim-key uim-util uim-debug uim-keymap uim-var uim-version preview-latex
proof-site proof-autoloads pg-vars muse-journal muse-book muse-wiki
muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html
muse-xml-common cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols info muse-regexps derived muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
mozc lfe-start identica-mode json url-http tls url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap longlines
parse-time xml go-mode-load ido ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme thingatpt
browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb ess-noweb-font-lock-mode
ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a shell ess-arc-d
ess-vst-d ess-xls-d ess-lsp-l ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs
make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp5-d ess-sp3-d ess-julia ess-r-d ess-tracebug
ess-roxy hideshow ess-help ess-developer ess-r-args eldoc ess-s-l ess
ess-inf ess-mode ess-noweb-mode ess-utils time-date ess-custom
executable ess-compat ess-site erlang-start rinari jump inflections
findr ruby-compilation which-func imenu pcomplete inf-ruby compile
comint ansi-color ring ruby-mode 50magit emacs-goodies-loaddefs
easy-mmode color-theme easymenu wid-edit cl skk-leim cdargs ude-autoload
bmacs-gnu-emacs bmacs bbdb-autoloads auto-complete-config auto-complete
edmacro kmacro popup tex-site auto-loads agda2 advice help-fns cl-lib
advice-preload skk-setup skk-autoloads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
mvh
Torbjørn Lindahl