Subject: bug#17527: emacs 24.3.91: magit error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 10:28:14 -0400

Hi. Just in case it helps: 

- testing  24.3.91.1 on Ubuntu 12.10

  - After starting emacs -Q
  - loading a file under git (emacs in this case)
  - emacs gives the following error:

    > apply: Args out of range: #("Git@" 0 4 (help-echo "Locally added
    > file under the Git version control system")), 0, 7

  - I have installed magit by hand rather than via marmelade, but I
    think it should not matter if I started emacs with the option -Q?

I am not very experienced in testing emacs version but I learn (this
is my second bug report), let me know if I can help by running more
tests. Cheers,
-- 
Jeremy                             (http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~jbarbay)

******************************************************************************
In GNU Emacs 24.3.91.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.13)
 of 2014-05-19 on raven
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.10

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f <C-backspace> <C-backspace> <C-backspace> <C-backspace> 
<C-backspace> <C-backspace> C o n <tab> e m <tab> <return> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <se
nd-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
apply: Args out of range: #("Git@" 0 4 (help-echo "Locally added file under the Git version control system")), 0, 7

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 74556 6056)
 (symbols 48 18256 0)
 (miscs 40 37 89)
 (strings 32 11067 5549)
 (string-bytes 1 304798)
 (vectors 16 9069)
 (vector-slots 8 375139 10976)
 (floats 8 63 247)
 (intervals 56 184 9)
 (buffers 960 13)
 (heap 1024 35770 567))

******************************************************************************