Subject: Re: bug#17524: 24.4.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 19:22:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please try with a non-existent font pattern.

Then I see it crashing.  But it doesn't crash immediately after hitting
C-x 5 2.  I get an "invalid font name" error message, and Emacs survives
some more seconds and then seems to crash after a random command,
e.g. after hitting C-SPC or <up>.

Here's a backtrace:

#0  cache_image (f=0x1126078, img=0x1776e70) at image.c:1782
#1  lookup_image (f=f@entry=0x1126078, spec=spec@entry=12316966) at image.c:1693
#2  0x00000000005bd990 in Fimage_mask_p (spec=12316966, frame=<optimized out>) at image.c:922
#3  0x0000000000551878 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimized out>, args=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2818
#4  0x0000000000585365 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=16204144, vector=12233266, maxdepth=12311458, 
    args_template=12065010, nargs=140737488340704, args=0x2) at bytecode.c:916
#5  0x000000000055134f in funcall_lambda (fun=10284653, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffc878) at eval.c:3049
#6  0x00000000005516ab in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2, args=args@entry=0x7fffffffc870)
    at eval.c:2876
#7  0x00000000005519ca in call1 (fn=fn@entry=10284653, arg1=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2614
#8  0x0000000000558272 in mapcar1 (leni=leni@entry=14, vals=vals@entry=0x7fffffffc8e0, 
    fn=fn@entry=10284653, seq=seq@entry=19265750) at fns.c:2329
#9  0x0000000000558749 in Fmapcar (function=10284653, sequence=19265750) at fns.c:2399
#10 0x0000000000551878 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimized out>, args=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2818
#11 0x0000000000585365 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=16204144, vector=12233266, maxdepth=12311458, 
    args_template=12065010, nargs=0, args=0x3) at bytecode.c:916
#12 0x000000000055134f in funcall_lambda (fun=10284573, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffcbb0) at eval.c:3049
#13 0x00000000005516ab in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffffffcba8) at eval.c:2876
#14 0x0000000000585365 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=16204144, vector=12233266, maxdepth=12311458, 
    args_template=12065010, nargs=18, args=0x1) at bytecode.c:916
#15 0x000000000055134f in funcall_lambda (fun=fun@entry=10284365, nargs=nargs@entry=1, 
    arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffccc0) at eval.c:3049
#16 0x0000000000550844 in apply_lambda (fun=10284365, args=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2924
#17 0x0000000000550b9b in eval_sub (form=form@entry=12317174) at eval.c:2260
#18 0x0000000000554141 in Feval (form=12317174, lexical=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2003
#19 0x000000000054fe56 in internal_condition_case_1 (bfun=bfun@entry=0x4e1900 <eval_dyn>, 
    arg=arg@entry=12317174, handlers=<optimized out>, 
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4e17e0 <menu_item_eval_property_1>) at eval.c:1378
#20 0x00000000004e9ef7 in menu_item_eval_property (sexpr=12317174) at keyboard.c:7602
#21 0x00000000004f38f7 in get_keyelt (object=<optimized out>, object@entry=19280358, 
    autoload=autoload@entry=true) at keymap.c:758
#22 0x00000000004f3c1f in access_keymap_1 (map=<optimized out>, idx=<optimized out>, 
    t_ok=t_ok@entry=true, noinherit=noinherit@entry=false, autoload=autoload@entry=true)
    at keymap.c:524
#23 0x00000000004f4cc3 in access_keymap (map=<optimized out>, idx=<optimized out>, 
    t_ok=t_ok@entry=true, noinherit=noinherit@entry=false, autoload=autoload@entry=true)
    at keymap.c:557
#24 0x00000000004eb166 in tool_bar_items (reuse=<optimized out>, nitems=nitems@entry=0x7fffffffcfdc)
    at keyboard.c:7993
#25 0x0000000000430c65 in update_tool_bar (f=f@entry=0x1126078, 
    save_match_data=save_match_data@entry=0) at xdisp.c:11869
#26 0x000000000044c365 in update_tool_bar (save_match_data=0, f=<optimized out>) at xdisp.c:11647
#27 prepare_menu_bars () at xdisp.c:11636
#28 redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13437
#29 0x000000000044da45 in redisplay_preserve_echo_area (from_where=from_where@entry=11)
    at xdisp.c:14028
#30 0x000000000058fa4f in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=time_limit@entry=30, 
    nsecs=nsecs@entry=0, read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1, do_display=do_display@entry=true, 
    wait_for_cell=12065010, wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0, just_wait_proc=just_wait_proc@entry=0)
    at process.c:4546
#31 0x000000000041f874 in sit_for (timeout=<optimized out>, reading=reading@entry=true, 
    display_option=display_option@entry=1) at dispnew.c:5805
#32 0x00000000004ec0d4 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=map@entry=25017254, prev_event=12065010, 
    used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fffffffe44b, end_time=end_time@entry=0x0)
    at keyboard.c:2809
#33 0x00000000004ed5a3 in read_key_sequence (keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fffffffe520, prompt=12065010, 
    dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=false, 
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=true, 
    fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=true, 
    prevent_redisplay=prevent_redisplay@entry=false, bufsize=30) at keyboard.c:9087
#34 0x00000000004ef1c0 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1452
#35 0x000000000054fd2e in internal_condition_case (bfun=bfun@entry=0x4eefd0 <command_loop_1>, 
    handlers=<optimized out>, hfun=hfun@entry=0x4e6080 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1354
#36 0x00000000004e184e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=12065010) at keyboard.c:1177
#37 0x000000000054fc3b in internal_catch (tag=12112514, func=func@entry=0x4e1830 <command_loop_2>, 
    arg=12065010) at eval.c:1118
#38 0x00000000004e5ca7 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1156
#39 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:777
#40 0x00000000004e5fbd in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:848
#41 0x0000000000415ec5 in main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=0x7fffffffe878) at emacs.c:1646

Michael.